Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Help, my MYOB and PC is simply just... SLOW

Well, my long time client contacted me yesterday and rambled upon the slowness of her PC.

It's Windows 7, 4-GB of RAM, 32-bit PC, on Core-2-Duo system. I know right, it's like 6-years old, but what she uses is mainly skype, MYOB accounting application, Word/Excel and tons of email (Outlook) all in 2010!

Anyhow, we super-charged her PC with a Samsung EVO 850 SSD disk and it flew.

Up till a few days ago when system just started crawling. Help!


My colleague remote into the system, did some checks, and did some deletion, and system went back to norm.


What did my super-tech colleague do?

He said: "Go to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\ ,delete all Font*.dat and reboot PC."

Literally in his super-tech language...
 

No comments: